Nature-ral High

Nature-ral High
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail

June 22, 2010

Mt. Maculot Traverse 2010


I organized a MacTrav (Maculot Traverse :P) last June 26. This is not a traverse per-se as the mountaineers define it (please see my previous post for the details). Its just a dayhike and I organize this mainly for these friends.. A former officemate who wanna try hiking, an American friend who is a veteran in climbing but is new to the tropics and two old buddies who is on/off on their climbing career. The last time I've been here it was raining and now its el-nino so surely the trail is different. Its not just the trail that is different but also is the cleanliness of the place! There a lot of plastic trash along the grotto trail and onward to the summit. My hunch is that the trash was the result of the recent 'holyweek' which several Roman Catholics influx this site. Seeing no trash going down the traditional trail confirms my observation. The traditional trail is normally the route of climbers
Maculot will always be one of my favorite mountains. The climb is not that difficult but the view is more than rewarding. And what a day to end our trip with a visit from my friends aunt who lives in Cuenca. To our surprise his father was a native of this city, there are several stores in Cuenca which bore their surname. And then his aunt served us their bakery's 'monay' bread which their family is famous for. After eating several pieces, now I know why.

Here lies two mountaineers... Jus Kidding!!!




Resting at the 'Grotto'



Rope a Dope


On the way to saddle


Group shot at the Rockies

No comments:

Post a Comment