Nature-ral High

Nature-ral High
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail

January 15, 2008

About.Me



A bit of my background
 - started climbing at the age of 16, Mt. Makiling
 - grew up ih the countryside ('probinsya')
 - a farmer at heart but a full time IT professional
 - believes in old school mountaineering
 - other than mountains, loves undeveloped beaches
 - wants to do scuba diving and alpine hiking, but does'nt have the means to do it


Why did I created this blog? Well it was 2007 right after I climb Mt. Apo, I was scribing all my climb notes to my climb diary. My wife saw me and she said, "why don't you put that in a blog?". I was, hmmm. seems like a good idea. Faster to create, well kept and easier to share. So the birth of this blog started. Unfortunately the Apo climb was not entered. Hehe.  

Why Nature-ral High (comes from Natural High)? Because on top of the mountain is where I get this feeling and feel so close to God.

If you think you need any help that I'm capable of lending , you can contact me at my email - bachwitz@yahoo.com. Happy climbing and hope to see you in the mountains!

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I am interested in climbing Mt. Palong....maybe Saturday morning, if possible. I really enjoyed reading about your trek. Do you have any way to contact the Pana family?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by. Are you already in the Philippines? Please email me your mobile number (bachwitz@yahoo.com) and I'll get back to you tomorrow morning.

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. hello sir! just dropping here to say, I admire your adventures. I love climbing too. I hope I can hike again after pandemic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks for the visit and nice words.

      I really hope this pandemic will be over soon. Hope to bump you on the trail soon!

      Delete